Becky and I met on the Adventure Seekers Tbex FAM in Fort Lauderdale before the Tbex Conference. Becky is a freelance writer, travel blogger and frequent flyer royalty program consultant. In this episode we talk about how to identify a niche, how to make revenue with Twitter parties, working with Copypress and lots more. Get ready for a ton of useful tips to inspire your travel blogging!
To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below:
The Finer Details of Episode 46 with Becky Pokora! In this episode Becky explains how to hone in on a writing niche based on your passion. She also shares some great tips for working with Copypress, her favorite booking site for flight deals, how to make revenue with Twitter parties and lots more ! In this episode we also discuss:
- How to identify your niche.
- Why Becky prefers to plan her travel vs. attending media trips.
- Becky’s favorite booking site for travel sales.
- Why it’s important to listen to your inner traveler.
- Her favorite Tbex tips and takeaways.
- Why authenticity in storytelling is a must.
- How using HARO can lead you to travel editors.
- Why you should use HARO for article inspiration.
- Why writing for Copypress takes the pressure off a freelance writer.
- How to Google project managers for Copypress to find their client list.
- How to make $75 per article with Copypress.
- How to generate income hosting Twitter Chats or Parties.
- Why you should create a dialog with the managers of affiliate programs.
- If you don’t love the writing part of being a travel blogger, you will probably fail.
The Girl and Globe
Flowrider at Margaritaville Hollywood
Hipmunk City Love
Hope you enjoyed this episode and please join me in thanking Becky for sharing such awesome information and actionable tips! And thank you as well for visiting. We’ll see you next time!
If you don’t have a niche, chances are you won’t have enough useful & interesting content to keep readers coming back. [Click To Tweet]
Love the tips to use HARO to connect with editors & for article ideas! [Click to Tweet this]
Love the tip for generating income hosting Twitter Parties. [Click To Tweet]
Feedback on the Podcast If you have any suggestions for upcoming shows or a question for an upcoming episode, leave a comment below. If you enjoyed this podcast, I’d be extremely grateful if you would take a second and leave me a review and rating over on iTunes. Your taking a minute to do this allows me to help more people with this podcast, so I really appreciate it (once on that page, simply click on the “View in iTunes” button to leave your review — thanks very much!)