Linda Kissam is the president of the International Food, Wine and Travel Writers Association also known as (IFWTWA). She is Based in Southern California and a professional travel, food, and wine writer. She is author of, A Recipe for Temecula Valley Wine Country and founder of AllinGoodTaste. She is also a contributor to Big Blend Network and worldguide.eu as well as writing two columns for examiner.com.
The Finer Details of Episode 64 with IFWTWA President Linda Kissam!
In today’s episode, Linda Kissam shares the perks and benefits of joining the International Food, Wine and Travel Writers Association (IFWTWA) . Linda also shares tips to find media trips, the trifecta of outlets every blogger must have in place and tips to re-purpose your work. In this episode we also discuss:
- Top tips for press trip; always come prepared, have intelligent questions prepared, take notes and always show up to everything joyfully and on time.
- Tipping policy on media trips.
- Why you should always ask if there will be an English speaking guide on international trips.
- Benefits of writing for Examiner.com [Click to Tweet]
- Why you must be able to write well and be consistent to write for Examiner.com
- Why you must be able to balance your portfolio based on your goals.
- Why you must have more than one outlet to land media trips.
- Why you must keep copies of all of your submitted work.
- How to re-purpose content.
- How to write a listicle.
- Why internet radio should be part of your portfolio.
- Tips to get a first published piece.
- Advantages of membership to the International Food, Wine and Travel Writers Association (IFWTWA)
- Importance of networking with other bloggers.
- How to land media trips by joining IFWTWA. [Click to Tweet]
- How to get the most out of IFWTWA membership.
- Why you need a minimum of seven-10 thousand followers on Twitter and Instagram.
- How to find media trips through search tricks.
- Why you call yourself an online journalist and not a blogger. [Click to Tweet]
Thank you to Sue Reddel from Food Travelist, Rob Taylor from 2TravelDads, Brittany Kulick from thesweetwanderlust, Mary Ann Olson from iwriteabouttravel, Tricia Krohn from theadventurelist, Laura Lynch from SavoredJourneys, Noreen from WhatsinYourSuitcase for the great questions.
For all answers and full the episode >> Listen to Episode 64 Now!
Hope you enjoyed this episode and please join me in thanking Linda for sharing such awesome information and actionable tips! Interested in hearing the full podcast? Click here to listen now!
- If your goal is press trips write for @Click to Tweet] via @ on @writetotravel podcast http://bit.ly/1RoAZZo [
- Why you call yourself an online journalist and not a blogger via @Click to Tweet] on @writetotravel podcast http://bit.ly/1RoAZZo [
- Great interview with @Click to Tweet] , the president of @ on Episode 64 of @writetotravel podcast http://bit.ly/1mYvgi4 [
- How to land media trips by joining @Click to Tweet] via @ on @writetotravel podcast http://bit.ly/1RoAZZo [
Feedback on the Podcast If you have any suggestions for upcoming shows or a question for an upcoming episode, leave a comment below. If you enjoyed this podcast, I’d be extremely grateful if you would take a second and leave me a review and rating over on iTunes. Your taking a minute to do this allows me to help more people with this podcast, so I really appreciate it (once on that page, simply click on the “View in iTunes” button to leave your review — thanks very much!)