Adsense is a way to monetize your website. This means by placing ads through Adsense you can earn income on a daily basis from your blog. Beyond Adsense there are several other ad networks that are a great option for travel bloggers. This article shares the best alternatives for Adsense for travel bloggers or any type of travel website.
What is Google Adsense?
Google AdSense is a program used for an advertisement to make money on various content like blogs and websites. This advertisement program is managed by Google, and it is generated from businesses that use Google’s AdWords program. If you sign up for the Google Adsense program, you then use a special AdSense code to generate Ads on the pages of your website. The Ads generated can appear as text ad, image ads, or videos to the targeted audience or site content. It is free to sign up for AdSense.
What an ad network is
Why Look for Alternatives to AdSense
There are multiple reasons as to why you might look for alternatives to AdSense including:
- If your Adsense application is rejected because of not having enough or appropriate content.
- If you have an AdSense account and you happen to break their rules, you may be banned from using the account permanently. There are people who have also been banned, without knowingly breaking and rules and it’s not super easy to reach out to Google customer service.
- The minimum payout. AdSense only allows payout if your account has reached over $100. This minimum payout is higher than some ad networks.
- AdSense has strict rules you may not be able to express your content leading you to search for alternatives to Adsense.
- Many of the Google Adsense alternatives have great customer service.
What is an Ad Network and Ad Management?
An ad network, also known as an advertising network, is a technology platform that connects advertisers and websites that they wish to host the advertisements. If you want to have ads on your website pages and posts, an ad network will use their technology to create ad spaces and match it with your needs. It sounds complicated, but it’s not if you sign up for an ad network with good customer service. Having and ad network for your ad management helps your site earn money without the hassle of having to find your own advertisers.
9 Ad Network Alternatives to Adsense
Full-service ad revenue partners help website owners and bloggers earn money with their websites. It is simply one method to monetize a website to become a profitable content creator. Choosing an ad network for bloggers is essential.
Best Alternatives for Adsense for Travel Bloggers (or Travel Websites)
Mediavine is one of the most popular alternatives to Google Adsense for bloggers. Mediavine is an online advertisement platform founded by content creators for content creators such as travel bloggers. The main goal of Mediavine is to build a sustainable business for content creators like travel bloggers. Therefore, they ensure full-ad service representation of your site to maximize its value if you have an account with them.
Mediavine was founded in 2003, and it has been in Ad management since 2013.
Before joining this alternative AdSense, there are a few Mediavine requirements that you must meet:
- The design of your site must accommodate Mediavine placements.
- You must produce original content in ANY niche in categories such as travel.
- Your site should have a minimum of 50,000 sessions every month as per Google Analytics, and you should be on good terms with Google AdSense.
- Mediavine must have access to your mobile and desktop ad inventory exclusively.
Pros and cons of Mediavine
Pros to Mediavine
- Loyalty bonus. Mediavine gives its users a certain percentage of their earning back every year.
- Excellent customer service
- Multiple contact options. If you have signed up with Mediavine, you can contact them through their dashboard, email, Facebook group and direct phone number.
- Fast loading ads
- Actionable suggestions. If Mediavine realizes that your content has issues, they will guide you into making reasonable changes.
- Flat revenue share. You will be able to see how much money you are making daily.
- They are innovative. This is because of the advanced technologies used by Mediavine to increase the overall quality of blogs.
Cons to Mediavine
- 50,000 sessions monthly requirement is not conducive for beginners
- If you are banned or disabled on AdSense, you will not be allowed to join Mediavine
Related Content: Nine Bloggers Share Their Top Takeaways from the Mediavine Conference
2. Newor Media
Newor Media is an advertisement program just like AdSense, but it is a header-bidding network. Additionally, Newor Media uses Real-Time Bidding Algorithm technology to ensure more returns. It is considered one of the best Google AdSense alternatives since it emphasizes optimizing ad technology and insightful analytics to get more returns.
Newor Media Requirements
Before signing up with Newor Media, there are requirements that you will have to meet: –
- Most of your traffic must be from the United States.
- Your website or blog should be strictly in English.
- The number of unique users on your website should be 30,000+ every month.
- You should be open to them managing at least two ad units on your site.
- Payment terms are NET30 for all publishers.
Pros and cons of Newor Media
Pros of Newor Media
- They use the header bidding technology
- High rates compared to other alternatives. You will able to earn more compared to Google AdSense.
- Favorable payment terms
- Excellent and quick support
- They only require two ad spots on your site. Hence you can combine it with AdSense ads.
- They have real-time header bidding.
Cons of Newor Media
- They lack deep analytics dashboards.
- 30,000 user monthly requirement.
Related Content >> How to Monetize A Travel Blog with Newor Media Ad Network
Monumetric is the best alternative for Google AdSense if you are a small publisher. Monumetric was initially known as The Blogger Network. It is also an all-in-one display partner that primarily focuses on individualized support to aid in maximizing your revenue and experience.
- You will have to meet the following requirements before signing up with Monumetric:
- You are required to have at least 10,000 pageviews every month
- You must have a WordPress or a Blogger site
- Your sidebar should be 300px wide
- They will need at least six ad slots on both your phone or desktop
- You must be approved by ad providers
- You have to pay a $99 set up fee once
Pros and cons of Monumetric
Pros of Monumetric
- Only 10,000 pageviews every month
- Higher payments compared to AdSense
- PayPal payment method
- Pay per view
- Excellent customer support
- Wide range of ad units
Cons of Monumetric
- It may take up to 3 months for you to be approved
- You have to have a minimum of 80,000 total pageviews before setting it up or pay a $99 setup fee
AdThrive is a lifestyle digital publishing company and an online network used for advertisement purposes for bloggers for blogging to make money. AdThrive optimizes the ads on their sites to help online publishers like bloggers to make as much money as possible. Therefore, it is an ad management system for blogging and publishing used by bloggers and publishers. Since its founding in 2013, AdThrive has been helping online publishers grow their ad income by creating digital content that matters. This ad network is suitable for large and medium online publishers with more than 100,000 pageviews each month.
AdThrive main focus is on travel bloggers with a lot of traffic. In order to join AdThrive, here are the requirements that you must meet:
- You must have at least 100,000 page views on Google Analytics every month.
- The majority of your audience must come from the United States. The highest percentage of your traffic should come from within the United States.
- You should not have prior infringements with any other ad providers. In case you have had issues with other ad providers such as Google AdSense, ad partners may not accept you.
- The content on your travel blog must be unique, original, and engaging. Your content must also be high-quality content for AdThrive to accept.
- Your website must have an SSL certificate and be secure with HTTPS. This will ensure your URL starts with HTTPS instead of HTTP.
- Once you are accepted, AdThrive must run at least three ads on each page.
Pros and Cons of AdThrive
Pros of AdThrive
- No application cost. All you need to have is at least 100,000 pageviews each month.
- High earnings
- Google certified
- Good customer care
- Community engagement
Cons of AdThrive
- It takes a long period before your account is approved.
- It requires a minimum of 100,000 page views monthly.
5. SHE Media
SHE Media is the best alternative for Google AdSense for female bloggers or websites with a predominantly female audience, hence their slogan “SHE Media was created by women for women”. Therefore, SHE Media primarily serves as the coordinator between advertisers and bloggers to maximize revenue and serve ads they are content with on their sites. SHE Media was established in 1999.
Length of contract for you to sign up SHE Media
SHE Media offers its bloggers a 12-month contract renewed automatically at the end of each 12-month term unless you give a termination notice. In case you want to terminate your contract with SHE Media, you have to give a 60-day notice.
SHE Media Requirements
If you want to join this alternative Google AdSense, there are certain requirements that you must meet:
- You must have a minimum of 20,000 every month.
- You must comply with their editorial guidelines.
- At least 80% of the traffic must be from or based in the United States.
- At least 70% must be the female audience.
- At least 60% viewability.
- You must be willing to enter into an exclusive digital ad relationship that assigns comScore to SheKnows/Penske Media Corporation.
- Sites must be brand-safe, updated regularly and must have been online for at least 90 days.
- The invalid traffic such as spam/bots should be 5% or less.
- They should have at least two standard display ads per page.
Pros and cons of SHE Media
Pros of She Media
- It is a Certified Google Publishing partner
- It promotes women bloggers and is the best alternative to Adsense for female bloggers
- It gives you the opportunity to monetize your social media
- Easy to set up.
- Excellent customer service
- Flexible. Their ad requirements are three on desktop and two on mobile.
Cons of She Media
- It does not have many payment methods. SHE Media payment methods are limited.
- It is not for all travel bloggers since it requires you to be a female blogger to join or female content only
- You have to commit to a one-year contract without trials
The Ezoic and network uses artificial intelligence to test multiple and various ad layouts to help you find the ideal places for your content or ads. Ezoic is certified by Google, and it uses automated tools to help in boosting earnings on your website or blog. It has recently removed any traffic requirement to join, making it the best alternative of Adsense for new websites or travel websites with low traffic.
This google ads alternative has no contract to be signed when joining which is a perk.
- Just like other Ad Networks for bloggers, Ezoic has requirements that you must meet to join:
- You must have a minimum of 10,000 sessions every month.
- You must comply with Google Ad Policy.
- Your content must be unique and original.
- You must have identifiable track record traffic.
- If you have other ad network accounts, such as Google AdSense or Ad manager account, they must be in good standing with Google.
Pros and cons of Ezoic
Pros of Ezoic
- Increased revenue by ad testing. Ezoic will test your ads on hundreds of combinations. They will then place your ads in the ideal position to maximize your revenue.
- Great analytics and reporting. Ezoic reporting and analytics are comprehensive.
- Sticky and anchor ad units. Other ad networks such as Google AdSense do not allow sticky ads. However, Ezoic allows inserting ads into the stick bar.
- Complete control. When using Ezoic, you have total control of your ads. You can customize the number of ads shown on each page.
- Excellent support and customer service
- Ezoic shields you from AdSense policy violations. In case of any issues with Ezoic, they have an amazing support team that will sort out your issues easily.
- Low payment threshold. You can be paid as low as $20 with Ezoic, unlike other platforms such as AdSense that have a minimum of $100.
- Management of objectionable content. Using Ezoic, you will have a list of your pages where you may have content for inappropriate ads such as adult content, swear words or even some types of gambling content. With Ezoic, only individual sites will be blocked, unlike other Ad networks like AdSense that blocks the entire website.
- You can make money with an Ezoic affiliate. If you refer someone using your affiliate link and they sign up, you will receive 3% of their earning (but doesn’t affect the earnings of the Ezoic partner).
Cons of Ezoic
- Setting up Ezoic is a bit tricky
- After signing up with Ezoic, you will have to wait for a minimum of 30 days to see the results.
Media.net is considered one of the better alternatives to Google Adsense for newer bloggers. It is considered the best alternative to Google AdSense since it has the strongest differentiator in providing Yahoo! Bing ad network access. With Media.net, you will monetize your content with exclusive access to Yahoo! Bing network searches. In order to maximize your ad revenue and give you a massive advantage of a huge search market, this best AdSense alternative gives you access to content-driven publishers.
- Before joining and getting approved to this best alternative to AdSense, you must meet the following requirements: –
- Your primary premium website traffic must be from United States, United Kingdom and Canada.
- Your primary content must be in English.
- Your website design must look professional.
- Your content must be updated regularly.
- No excessive advertising. When you apply to join Media.net, you should disable all your ads on your website for a week. You should also not use pop-up or pop-under ads on your blog.
- Your content must be unique and original.
- You should not infringe third party intellectual property rights.
- You must have a large number of visitors that use Media.net.
Pros and cons of Media.net
Pros of Media.net
- Easy setup
- Yahoo! and Bing advertising. This alternative of AdSense started as Yahoo!-Bing version of Google AdSense. However, it is not owned by Yahoo! and Bing currently, but it is in collaborations with them. Media.net has better quality demand compared to AdSense, and therefore you are assured of better revenue from relevant traffic.
- Its rules are more lenient compared to Google AdSense rules.
Cons of Media.net
- The payment is only in US dollar currency
- No responsive adverts
8. Taboola Native Advertising
Taboola Native Advertising is one of the popular alternatives to Google AdSense. This is because it offers a 100% fill rate across any geographical location, and it has multiple great fancy features. The alternative to AdSense specializes in native advertising, and they are renowned for amplifying brand awareness across various platforms by incorporating native placements on common and most used sites.
Taboola Native Advertising requirements
Taboola is among the best Google AdSense alternatives, but one of the hardest to qualify for.
In order to join Taboola you must have a minimum of 500,000 page views monthly.
Taboola Native Advertising pros and cons
Pros to Taboola
- It has good templates suitable for mobile web monetization
- Comprehensive reports
- It allows you to filter and block contents
- It has a vast audience reach
- You can track your traffic and conversion rates
Cons to Taboola
- No free trial
- Only one payment method, i.e., Payoneer
- Minimum requirement of 500,000 pageviews monthly
Adversal is another of the Google Adsense alternatives. It is a self-serve advertising platform that gives the power to get your ads set up within a short duration. Additionally, Adversal features a smart interface that gives you the power to start, stop and pause campaigns, thus making it the best alternative for AdSense.
There are no contracts and commitments when signing with Adversal.
- Below are the requirements that you must meet to sign up for AdVersal:
- You must have a minimum of 50,000 pageviews every month
- Your site must have its domain name
- A login should not restrict your site
- Your site should not have adult content or material
- Your site should not be associated with malware, piracy or anything illegal
Pros and cons of Adversal
Pros to Adversal
- It has a low minimum payout rate of $20
- It has high CPM rates
- It has a good reporting system that allows you to track various ad network sites and campaigns
- They have timely payments
- It accepts travel bloggers globally.
Cons to Adversal
- If you do not meet US traffic requirements, it can be difficult to be accepted
- Traffic stats may vary at times due to ad blockers.
I hope you have found the Best Alternatives to Adsense for your website from the info above. If you’d like more travel tips to monetize your site, below are some of my favorite articles focused on earning money as a blogger.
Excellent blog post, really helpful. I have got more new ideas and alternatives to Adsense. Thank you So much for your efforts and Excellent blog.