Dino Dogan is the Founder and CEO of Triberr, the social network for content creators. He has spoken or consulted for companies and audiences, including IBM, Rutgers University, Vocus and New Media Expo. His blog has been profiled by Technorati on multiple occasions. He is frequently featured as an expert commentator on new technologies and the latest social media developments on sites like ReadWriteWeb.
The Finer Details of Episode 34 with Dino Dogan! Dino shares how to write a great social media bio and why New Media Expo and Tbex are great conferences for travel bloggers. He also explains that “we all have a ton of bad content in us that must come out before the good writing appears”! We also talked about:
- How he escaped from Bosnia during the war.
- If you know how to write an email you can write a blog post.
- Which strategy to employ to start a blogging career.
- Why he believes writing for bigger outlets like Huffington Post for free isn’t worth it.
- How to conquer your fear and take the first steps to a blogging career.
- Not letting technology get in the way of starting a travel blogging career.
- How to become a learner.
- How to use Youtube to get over the technical hurdle.
Dino and I also discussed how to use Triberr to grow your audience and get more traffic to your website as well as these topics:
- That Triberr is a partnership network to help promote each others content.
- SEO is good for transaction based websites.
- Building authority, credibility and thought leadership doesn’t happen with SEO. You need people for this.
- How Triberr works to get you more social shares.
- Why new bloggers should be on Triberr.
- The importance of a great headline and image.
- Triberr pro tip: Know the affinity algorithm.
- How Dino uses Triberr for maximum sharing.
- How to search for Tribes with the category function.
- How to build your own Tribe.
- What PR are looking for in an influencer for the Triberr campaigns.
- Why bloggers are the biggest influencers online.
- How to get hired as a brand ambassador.
Trust Agents: Using the Web to Build Influence, Improve Reputation, and Earn Trust by Chris Brogan
Twitter Power 3.0: How to Dominate Your Market One Tweet at a Time by Joe Comm
Brand Dilution article by Dino Dogan
People Mentioned on this episode:
Bob Bales from The Traveling Fool
Katherine Belarmino from Travel the World (and my guest on episode #29)
Hope you enjoyed this episode and please join me in thanking Dino for being here! And thank you as well. We’ll see you next time!
Would You Help Spread the Word About the Podcast? I’d be forever grateful if you helped share the podcast. Click here for a pre-populated tweet to help spread the word to your friends on Twitter. THANK YOU!
Feedback on the Podcast If you have any suggestions for upcoming shows or a question for an upcoming episode, leave a comment below. If you enjoyed this podcast, I’d be extremely grateful if you would take a second and leave me a review and rating over on iTunes. Your taking a minute to do this allows me to help more people with this podcast, so I really appreciate it (once on that page, simply click on the “View in iTunes” button to leave your review — thanks very much!)