Today’s guest is the owner of Girlrilla, a marketing and operations firm based in San Diego, CA. She also publishes a travel and lifestyle blog called The Funthusiast, focusing on living a Southern California lifestyle and traveling the world. Raised in a family of hustlers and adventurers, her motto is to always “Live Life On Your Terms. Nicole was also interviewed on episode 032. She and I met on a media trip to Loreto, Mexico and on our last day of the trip I interviewed her and eight other bloggers from the trip in the airport.
To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below:
The Finer Details of Episode 39 with Nicole Diaz! In this episode Nicole explains how blogging opened the door to her freelancing day job and why travel is freedom as well as addicting. Nicole also shares why you must carve out time daily to work on your blog! In this episode we also discuss:
- Why you must consider your blog part of your job.
- How to use VA’s (virtual assistants) and delegate tasks.
- How to find VA’s on Linkedin.
- How a VA can most help a travel blogger.
- The importance of creating a social media and blogging schedule.
- The importance of setting up a content calendar.
- Why not having a content calendar will leave you dead in the water.
- Using Google Calendar for scheduling.
- How to use Pinterest for web traffic.
- Why Nicole pins 30 photos a day on Pinterest.
- How to use Tailwind to automate Pinterest posts.
- The best time of day to pin on Pinterest.
- How to use share ladders to promote content.
- Why posting links to your own content on your social media accounts won’t be beneficial.
- How to use StumbleUpon for web traffic.
- Why you should add a “related posts” widget at the end of your blog posts.
- Why G+ is dead in the water, but G+ communities are still worth the effort.
- Why a FAM trip can mean a curated experience.
- Why Nicole likes to plan her own media trips.
- How to make additional income with sponsored content.
- Why you should never write a post around an affiliate link.
- Why 20,000 page views is a key stat to hit with your blog.
- Why you should re-use and re-purpose older content.
- How to join blogger networks to earn income as an influencer.
- Why you should join Blogger Bridge for influencer opportunities.
- The optimal # of posts a day for Instagram.
- Why it’s important to know your goals and not let social media be intimidating.
- What is your ‘why’ for starting a travel blog.
- Why you have to treat your travel blog as a business.
Wordpress Plugin for related posts; Jetpack
Connect With Nicole
Nicole Diaz’s Website; The Funthusiast
Nicole Diaz’s Website; Girlrilla
Nicole Diaz on Facebook
Nicole Diaz on Linkedin
Nicole Diaz on Twitter
Nicole Diaz on Instagram
Nicole Diaz on G+
Nicole Diaz on Pinterest
Hope you enjoyed this episode and please join me in thanking Francis for being here! And thank you as well. We’ll see you next time!
Would You Help Spread the Word About the Podcast? I’d be forever grateful if you helped share the podcast. Click here for a pre-populated tweet to help spread the word to your friends on Twitter. THANK YOU!
Feedback on the Podcast If you have any suggestions for upcoming shows or a question for an upcoming episode, leave a comment below. If you enjoyed this podcast, I’d be extremely grateful if you would take a second and leave me a review and rating over on iTunes. Your taking a minute to do this allows me to help more people with this podcast, so I really appreciate it (once on that page, simply click on the “View in iTunes” button to leave your review — thanks very much!)