My guest today is a Travel Writer and freelance blogger as well as a stay-at-home dad to two boys. He lives in Washington State with his husband Chris. His goal is traveling the globe while giving his kids a broad world view.
In today’s episode, Rob Taylor from 2TravelDads shares tips for traveling with young kids, how to get website traffic from Google Plus and the good and bad of Facebook groups and threads.
To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below:
Click Here to Subscribe via iTunes
Click Here to Subscribe via RSS (non-iTunes feed)
If you like the show, please consider leaving the show a review in iTunes as well as Stitcher Radio. A couple minutes of your time can help the show immensely! Thank YOU!
The Finer Details of Episode 60 with Rob Taylor!
In this episode Rob sharesthe importance of traveling with kids and tips for getting kids ready for a roadtrip. We discuss how to reach out for a media trip, navigating travel group on Facebook and the benefits of Collab posts. In this episode we also discuss:
- The importance of keeping a schedule when traveling with kids.
- Why choosing a destination that will make the whole family happy is important.
- How they went from vacationing to getting media trips.
- FAM trips from a marketing POV.
- The good and bad of travel blogger Facebook groups. [Click to Tweet]
- The risk of Facebook threads and website page view time.
- The importance of page view time for PR.
- Importance of sharing content via your personal Facebook page.
- Why you must reach out to your direct network of friends and family to help share your content.
- Benefits of joining Rob’s Facebook group; Travel Perfection.
- How to generate traffic with Google Plus.
- Why posting on G+ helps with organic search. [Click to Tweet]
- How to use Facebook groups to grow readership instead of just traffic.
- The benefits of Collab posts. [Click to Tweet]
February Instagram Challenge
Part-Time Traveler Talk – Social Media Facebook group
Travel Perfection Facebook group
Instagram for Travel Bloggers Facebook group
Stumbleupon for Travel Bloggers Facebook group
Travel Bloggers Guide to Pinterest
Connect With Rob
Rob’s Blog; 2traveldads.com
Rob Taylor on Twitter
Rob Taylor on Facebook
Rob Taylor on Instagram
Rob Taylor on G+
Rob Taylor on Youtube
Connect with Alexa, Break Into Travel Writing & My Travel Blog
The Aspiring Travel Writer, the Facebook group
Hope you enjoyed this episode and please join me in thanking Rob for sharing such awesome information and actionable tips! Interested in hearing the full podcast? Click here to listen now!
- The benefits of Collab posts for travel bloggers on Episode 60 of @writetotravel podcast http://bit.ly/1osA9RQ [Click to Tweet]
- Why posting on G+ helps with organic search via @2TravelDads on @writetotravel podcast http://bit.ly/1osA9RQ [Click to Tweet]
- Great interview with Rob Taylor @2TravelDads on Episode60 of @writetotravel podcast http://bit.ly/1osA9RQ [Click to Tweet]
- The good and bad of travel blogger Facebook groups via @2TravelDads on @writetotravel podcast http://bit.ly/1mt7gmW [Click to Tweet]
Feedback on the Podcast If you have any suggestions for upcoming shows or a question for an upcoming episode, leave a comment below. If you enjoyed this podcast, I’d be extremely grateful if you would take a second and leave me a review and rating over on iTunes. Your taking a minute to do this allows me to help more people with this podcast, so I really appreciate it (once on that page, simply click on the “View in iTunes” button to leave your review — thanks very much!)
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | RSS
It was so great to be a part of this! I hope others can learn from our experiences!
Loved talking with you Rob! Thanks so much for sharing your travel blogging journey!
Nice and informative, Rob has a lot of tips and tricks to share, loved it.
Truthfully? I NEVER listen to podcasts. I’m too visual. But I’m about to listen to this one!
I’m honored Jessica!
Sharing experiences helps you learn so much. Thanks so much for sharing this one.
Rob is a wealth of information in the travel blogging industry. It’s wonderful you had him on your podcast. I am pinning to listen when I have a few minutes to myself later tonight!
I’m a bit frustrated as this podcast seems very interesting, but my problem is the language barrier. It’s too difficult for me to understand. So maybe a PDF with the transcript would be easier for “more visual persons” ?
Hi Stephanie, I’ve thought about transcripts, but the honest truth is the time it would take for me, or the cost to hire someone to do the work. I will keep it in mind and hope to add this element in the near future.
Great tips for blogging. Will definitely have to rethink some of my strategies
Alexa (and Rob) this is a great interview. I’m about halfway through the whole episode. I’m on the part about being dependent on other travel bloggers for traffic. I enjoyed your perspective on this, because this particular topic has been on my mind a lot lately. I agree with you Alexa – some of the groups and threads are exhausting and sometimes the ROI just isn’t there. I just joined these groups about a month ago, and I’m quickly learning which ones are worth it and which ones aren’t. I love Travel Perfection though because it’s genuine. It’s my favorite one, and if I have to select only one to stay in going forward, that will be it.
Wow! What a discovery! literally a goldmine of ‘things a blogger needs to know’! Thanks for sharing! Am saving the pin for continual reference!