My guest today is a Travel Writer and freelance blogger as well as a stay-at-home dad to two boys. He lives in Washington State with his husband Chris. His goal is traveling the globe while giving his kids a broad world view.
In today’s episode, Rob Taylor from 2TravelDads shares tips for traveling with young kids, how to get website traffic from Google Plus and the good and bad of Facebook groups and threads.
To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below:
The Finer Details of Episode 60 with Rob Taylor!
In this episode Rob sharesthe importance of traveling with kids and tips for getting kids ready for a roadtrip. We discuss how to reach out for a media trip, navigating travel group on Facebook and the benefits of Collab posts. In this episode we also discuss:
- The importance of keeping a schedule when traveling with kids.
- Why choosing a destination that will make the whole family happy is important.
- How they went from vacationing to getting media trips.
- FAM trips from a marketing POV.
- The good and bad of travel blogger Facebook groups. [Click to Tweet]
- The risk of Facebook threads and website page view time.
- The importance of page view time for PR.
- Importance of sharing content via your personal Facebook page.
- Why you must reach out to your direct network of friends and family to help share your content.
- Benefits of joining Rob’s Facebook group; Travel Perfection.
- How to generate traffic with Google Plus.
- Why posting on G+ helps with organic search. [Click to Tweet]
- How to use Facebook groups to grow readership instead of just traffic.
- The benefits of Collab posts. [Click to Tweet]
February Instagram Challenge
Part-Time Traveler Talk – Social Media Facebook group
Travel Perfection Facebook group
Instagram for Travel Bloggers Facebook group
Stumbleupon for Travel Bloggers Facebook group
Travel Bloggers Guide to Pinterest
Hope you enjoyed this episode and please join me in thanking Rob for sharing such awesome information and actionable tips! Interested in hearing the full podcast? Click here to listen now!
- The benefits of Collab posts for travel bloggers on Episode 60 of @writetotravel podcast http://bit.ly/1osA9RQ [Click to Tweet]
- Why posting on G+ helps with organic search via @Click to Tweet] on @writetotravel podcast http://bit.ly/1osA9RQ [
- Great interview with Rob Taylor @ on Episode60 of @writetotravel podcast http://bit.ly/1osA9RQ [Click to Tweet]
- The good and bad of travel blogger Facebook groups via @Click to Tweet] on @writetotravel podcast http://bit.ly/1mt7gmW [
Feedback on the Podcast If you have any suggestions for upcoming shows or a question for an upcoming episode, leave a comment below. If you enjoyed this podcast, I’d be extremely grateful if you would take a second and leave me a review and rating over on iTunes. Your taking a minute to do this allows me to help more people with this podcast, so I really appreciate it (once on that page, simply click on the “View in iTunes” button to leave your review — thanks very much!)