Katherine Belarmino has mastered working full time while traveling more than most people I know who aren’t on the road full time and with not one but two blogs; Travel the World as well as Passports and cocktails. Today Katherine and I discuss her method for shooting, editing and organizing photos. In this episode, you will learn how to take your travel photography to the next level.
To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below:
Click Here to Subscribe via iTunes
Click Here to Subscribe via RSS (non-iTunes feed)
If you like the show, please consider leaving the show a review in iTunes as well as Stitcher Radio. A couple minutes of your time can help the show immensely! Thank YOU!
The Finer Details of Episode 88:
In today’s episode, Katherine Belarmino and I dive deep into the world of photography and lightroom photo editing. Click here to listen to the full interview and learn here many tips and tricks for upping your photography game.
In this episode we also discuss:
- Why Katherine loves the Sony A72 mirrorless camera.
- Why her favorite feature of the Sony is the fact you can see setting adjustments before you take the picture.
- How to take the leap to shooting in manual mode.
- Why you need to focus on F Stop, ISO and shutter speed for manual shooting.
- F Stop tip: lower the number, the more light you are letting in. Higher the number, the more clarity in the photo.
- F Stop 11 or 16 for landscapes.
- The importance of practicing using different settings and then reviewing the photos on your computer.
- Why Katherine switched to shooting in RAW mode.
- Why she loves Lightroom for editing photos.
- Katherine’s method for storing photos.
- How to use Amazon as a backup method for you photos.
- Why she is consciously taking less photos.
- Why the quality of glass on your lens is so important.
- Tips to store photos file organization methods
- Why she loves the photo editing process.
- How to do bulk processing in Lightroom.
- Why you want to sign up for the Lightroom monthly subcription instead of the stand alone program.
- Why you must use the de-haze function in Lightroom
- Remove highlights and remove shadow functions to turn photos into magazine quality.
- Why transitioning to the aperture setting is a good transition before going to ‘manual’ mode.
What Katherine can do behind the lens of a camera!
The Power of Lightroom! Examples from Katherine.
Full the episode >> Listen to Episode 88 Now!
Sony Mirrorless A72
Carslgise 24-70 (walking around lens)
Zoom 200 Lens
Pancake Lens fixed 16 with 2.8 Fstop (great for night shots)
Sony pancake attachment
Prime 35 (great for food)
Connect with Katherine Belarmino
Katherine’s Website, Travel The World
Travel the World on Facebook
Katherine’s Website, Passports and Cocktails
Passports and Cocktails on Facebook
Passports and Cocktails on Twitter
Katherine Belarmino on Twitter
Katherine Belarmino on Pinterest
Katherine Belarmino on Google+
Katherine Belarmino on Instagram
Connect with Alexa, Break Into Travel Writing & My Travel Blog
The Aspiring Travel Writer, the Facebook group
- Loved the interview with @katherinebel on the Break Into Travel Writing #podcast w/ @writetotravel http://bit.ly/2cRSt6v [Click to Tweet]
Hope you enjoyed this episode and feel like you can become a photographer after listening to Taking Your Travel Photography to the Next Level with Katherine Belarmino. Please join me in thanking her for sharing such awesome information and actionable tips! Interested in hearing the full podcast? Click here to listen now!
Feedback on the Podcast If you have any suggestions for upcoming shows or a question for an upcoming episode, leave a comment below. If you enjoyed this podcast, I’d be extremely grateful if you would take a second and leave me a review and rating over on iTunes. Your taking a minute to do this allows me to help more people with this podcast, so I really appreciate it (once on that page, simply click on the “View in iTunes” button to leave your review — thanks very much!)
Today’s podcast is sponsored by The Travel Writer’s Academy. By Joining the “Travel Writers Academy” you will learn everything you need to take your travel blogging career to the next level! Joining the academy guarantees your will travel more and connect with the right people so you can start taking media trips and travel to places you are only dreaming of right now! If you want to travel more and get media trips head to http://breakintotravelwriting.com/travel-writers-academy/
Join the Travel Writer’s Academy >> http://breakintotravelwriting.com/travel-writers-academy/
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on some of the links in this post and sign up for something, I might receive a commission. There is no additional cost to you and it is a way you can help support this website and podcast!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | RSS
Leave A Comment