Lisa Niver is a travel expert, writer, entrepreneur, and on-camera host who has traveled to over one hundred countries and six continents. She has published articles from over 1,600 writers from 75 countries and created ten international travel writing competitions. She is the author of the memoir, Traveling in Sin, and has contributed to USA Today, Wharton Business Magazine, Yahoo Travel, The Huffington Post, the Jewish Journal, and National Geographic as well as many other publications. Today we discuss the We Said Go Travel Writing Award.
To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below:
The Finer Details of Episode 91 with Lisa Niver:
In today’s episode, Lisa Niver and I discuss her travel writing award and she shares tips to make your article stand out from the rest. Click here to listen to the full interview and learn all about the award as well as her journey as a travel writer.
In this episode we also discuss:
- How to get the most from a Tbex conference.
- Why you need to go to conferences if you want to treat your blog like a business.
- Why taking on video is time consuming and like learning a new language.
- Lisa’s 50 before 50 project.
- Where you can find the vast expanse of nothingness.
- Why video’s should be short format.
- The value of working with coaches for your business and website.
- Why you shouldn’t wait to perfect a skill before you publish (video, podcasts or articles).
- Whether Klout is still relevant.
- How to increase you Klout score.
- Why Empire Avenue helps with social media perspective.
- How to enter the We Said Go Travel Writing award.
- Tips to submitting an award winning article.
- How to win a free Travel Academy Membership as well as a website audit and 45 minute consult with me!
- Why you should never ‘hold’ a story.
Full the episode >> Listen to Episode 91 Now!
Connect with Lisa Niver
Lisa’s Website, WeSaidGoTravel.com
WeSaidGoTravel on Facebook
WeSaidGoTravel on Twitter
WeSaidGoTravel on Pinterest
WeSaidGoTravel on Google+
WeSaidGoTravel on Instagram
WeSaidGoTravel on Youtube
- Loved the interview with @ on the Break Into Travel Writing #podcast w/ @writetotravel http://bit.ly/2dfewyy [Click to Tweet]
Hope you enjoyed this episode and are inspired to submit to the We Said Go Travel Writing Award after listening to this episode. Please join me in thanking her for sharing such awesome information and actionable tips on today’s show! Interested in hearing the full podcast? Click here to listen now!
Feedback on the Podcast If you have any suggestions for upcoming shows or a question for an upcoming episode, leave a comment below. If you enjoyed this podcast, I’d be extremely grateful if you would take a second and leave me a review and rating over on iTunes. Your taking a minute to do this allows me to help more people with this podcast, so I really appreciate it (once on that page, simply click on the “View in iTunes” button to leave your review — thanks very much!)
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on some of the links in this post and sign up for something, I might receive a commission. There is no additional cost to you and it is a way you can help support this website and podcast!