Megan Jerrard is a travel writer & freelance journalist, as well as a consultant for Social Media Marketing, Websites & Professional Blogging. She runs a niche adventure travel blog called MappingMegan with a focus on outdoor adventure and personal evolution through travel. She is the mastermind behind several Facebook groups for travel bloggers and has figured out the holy grail of Flipboard traffic.
To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below:
In today’s episode, I share my social media influencer trip to Renaissance Indian Wells as well as three tips to to land more media trips and get more perks.
In my interview with Meg, she explains her Flipboard process for huge viral traffic. She has seen up to 12,000 views in one day directly from Flipboard. Click here to listen to the full interview and hear Meg’s additional advice for diversifying your income streams as well as your social media traffic streams. This is “How to Get Huge Traffic from Flipboard with Meg Jerrard”.
In this episode we also discuss:
- How Meg visited the 32 countries before graduating from university.
- The importance of a gap year.
- Why taking a year off to travel after high school is one of the most responsible things you can do.
- Why travel allows us to care about each other on an international level.
- How a chance meeting with Gary Arndt motivated her to turn her travel blog into a professional blog.
- Why 90% of blogs fail.
- Why patience is the first step to monetizing your website.
- Why the key to making a full-time living as a blogger is diversification.
- Why you must put yourself out there and pitch for sponsored posts, social media opportunities, guest posting, and freelancing.
- Make sure you sign up for as many PR press releases to get the ball rolling to create relationships with potential sponsors.
- Why swapping contacts with other bloggers is a great idea.
- Why Meg believes there is enough space for all bloggers and why it’s important to help each other.
- Why Facebook sharing threads can counteract the engagement issues with social media obstacles.
- Meg shares the Facebook threads she believes are most valuable.
- How to adjust to the new Pinterest changes.
- Why you must understand Flipboard is a viral content platform.
- Why Flipboard is a potential source for huge viral traffic.
- Why Flipboard doesn’t negatively affect bounce rate.
- Meg’s process for Flipboard that is getting her 5000 – 8,000 views per article.
- Instagram’s new shadowbanning problems.
- Why you must diversify your social media traffic streams.
Full the episode >> Listen to Episode 108 Now!
Waking Up Wild
Part Time Traveler Talk Social Media Facebook Group
Travel Blogger Mega Share Facebook Group
Travel Blogger Evergreen Shares Facebook Group
We Travel, We Blog Facebook Group
How to Get Started with Flipboard
Travel Blog Chronicles Facebook Group
Revive Old Post
Indian Wells Golf Resort Weekend
- Loved the interview with Meg from @mappingmegan on the Break Into Travel Writing #podcast w/ @writetotravel [Click to Tweet]
Hope you enjoyed this episode and are inspired to to start using Flipboard. Please join me in thanking Meg for sharing such awesome information and actionable tips on today’s show! Interested in hearing the full podcast? Click here to listen now!
Feedback on the Podcast If you have any suggestions for upcoming shows or a question for an upcoming episode, leave a comment below. If you enjoyed this podcast, I’d be extremely grateful if you would take a second and leave me a review and rating over on iTunes. Taking a minute to do this allows me to help more people with this podcast, so I really appreciate it (once on that page, simply click on the “View in iTunes” button to leave your review — thanks very much!)