Heather & John Widmer from Roaming Around The World ditched their corporate jobs and sold most of their possessions to take a 1-year trip around the world. This 1-year trip has evolved into a lifestyle of non-stop travel. They have mastered the digital nomad lifestyle are now into their 4th year of full time travel and have visited 63 countries which include adventures such as visiting the Great Pyramids and the Galapagos, navigating down the Amazon, trekking through the Borneo jungles, riding camels across the Sahara Desert, and crossing the Atlantic four times by ship.
To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below:
How To Travel Full Time (and make money) with John and Heather Widmer
In my interview with Heather and John, we discuss long term travel and how to make a living from the road as digital nomads. Click here to listen to the full interview and hear Heather and John’s advice for great digital nomad locations. We also chat about how to use niche groups on Facebook to grow your followers and engagement. This is “BITW 114: How To Travel Full Time (and make money) with John and Heather Widmer”.
In this episode we also discuss:
- The hardest thing Heather and John had to do to begin their one-year trip.
- How to pack for long term travel and multiple seasons.
- Why it’s cheaper to travel full time rather than live in the U.S.
- How their travel has evolved and why they are doing more month long stays in locations.
- Why they don’t reach out to hotels for sponsored stays.
- Why they check wifi speed before they consider heading to a location.
- How to choose an ideal digital nomad location.
- Why Halifax, Nova Scotia is high on their digital nomad recommendation list.
- Why they started their travel website.
- Advice for couples to divide the blog work.
- Why marketing an article is as important as writing the article.
- How to keep a writing schedule while traveling.
- Why you must build in downtime to write and work while traveling.
- Why you should always build in more time than you think you’ll need in a destination.
- Why it’s okay to take a blogging break.
- How they are getting 100% reach on Facebook.
- Why they’ve given up on Twitter.
- Why you must find out which social platforms your followers hang out on.
- How to use niche groups on Facebook to grow your followers and engagement.
- How they support their travel with affiliate marketing and bring in 1k+ every month.
- Why informational articles for destinations with strong SEO is their key to traffic.
- Affiliate link strategy.
- How to use repositioning cruises to move from continent to continent.
- There favorite under the radar travel locations.
- Their favorite destinations for drinking around the world.
Full episode >> Listen to Episode 114 Now!
- Loved the interview w/ John & Heather from @RoamingdaWorld on the Break Into Travel Writing Podcast @writetotravel http://bit.ly/2vfNuQx [CLICK TO TWEET]
Hope you enjoyed this episode and are inspired to think about long-term or full-time travel. Please join me in thanking John and Heather for sharing such awesome information and actionable tips on today’s show! Interested in hearing the full podcast? Click here to listen now!
Feedback on the Podcast If you have any suggestions for upcoming shows or a question for an upcoming episode, leave a comment below. If you enjoyed this podcast, I’d be extremely grateful if you would take a second and leave me a review and rating over on iTunes. Taking a minute to do this allows me to help more people with this podcast, so I really appreciate it (once on that page, simply click on the “View in iTunes” button to leave your review — thanks very much!)