My guest today is Cintia Soto, an accountant turned pro food and travel photographer. Cintia is from Mazatlan, Mexico, lived in Italy for almost 10 years and while living there she became inspired by art in all aspects and began her journey to teach herself photography. Today she lives in San Diego and Italy while traveling regularly to Mexico and Central America. She is a passionate food and travel photographer that loves telling stories with images. She sees the world in light, shapes, and colors & her memories are visual… so you can bet there is a Cannon camera close by at all times. Her images have appeared in many magazines like Vogue Mexico, Travel + Leisure, cosmopolitan Italy and the NY Times destinations section.
She has been commissioned as the official photographer for a cookbook featuring 26 Female Mexicana chefs. She has also photographed numerous award winning chefs from Mexico and the United states.
To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below:
BITW 127: Travel & Food Blogger Workshop with Photographer Cintia Soto
In my interview with photographer Cintia Soto, we discuss her upcoming workshops in Italy and Mexico. She also shares her journey from accountant to self-taught food and travel photographer. Click here to listen to the full interview and hear Cintia’s top tips for SmartPhone & DSLR camera. This is “BITW 127: Travel & Food Blogger Workshop with Photographer Cintia Soto”.
In this episode we also discuss:
- The most important piece of photography is understanding why you are struggling with certain problems.
- How do deal with low light locations and situations.
- How to use your earbuds to take better photos with your SmartPhone.
- Tripod tips for your SmartPhone.
- Why desaturating can create amazing photos.
- How to use masking in Snapseed.
- Why you should shoot in RAW.
- Why you should move to Aperture mode if you are still shooting in auto.
- Tips for wine photography and photo composition
Full episode >> Listen to Episode 127 Now!
Connect with Cintia Soto:
- Loved the interview with Cintia Soto on the Break Into Travel Writing #podcast @writetotravel
Hope you enjoyed this episode and are inspired to think about buying your own website. Please join me in thanking Maria for sharing such awesome information and actionable tips on today’s show! Interested in hearing the full podcast? Click here to listen now!
Feedback on the Podcast If you have any suggestions for upcoming shows or a question for an upcoming episode, leave a comment below. If you enjoyed this podcast, I’d be extremely grateful if you would take a second and leave me a review and rating over on iTunes. Taking a minute to do this allows me to help more people with this podcast, so I really appreciate it (once on that page, simply click on the “View in iTunes” button to leave your review — thanks very much!)