Today’s show is all about my experience at the 2018 Travel Media Showcase in Niagara Falls & media trip to Oswego & 1000 Islands, New York.
Join me as I share how to get a coveted ticket to the Travel Media Showcase and my experience exploring New York on a post-conference media trip.
To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below:
2018 Travel Media Showcase & Oswego and 1000 Islands Media Trip
In this episode, I share how to apply for the Travel Media Showcase (TMS). TMS connects CVBs & Destinations with Travel Writers & Travel Bloggers in a speed-dating format. But it’s much more than this. TMS is a 3-day event that includes two days of scheduled journalist – tourism appointment sessions, a local FAM tour, plus a pre-tour or post-tour. There are also tons of networking opportunities with other bloggers & journalists as well as tourism reps outside of the scheduled appointments.
In this episode, I also share my luxury media trip to the 1000 Islands-Seaway Region. This trip included freshwater adventure, lots of history, and luxury lodging along the eastern shore of Lake Ontario and the St. Lawrence River. On this trip we had the opportunity to bike, kayak, salmon fish, spend a day on a classic chartered wooden boat on the famed 1000 Islands, visit castles and island lighthouses.
Click here to listen to the full episode to hear how to get on the right mailing lists for PR invitations and the top conference to attend to land U.S. media trips. This is “BITW 134: Travel Media Showcase & 1000 Islands Media Trip”.
Full episode >> Listen to Episode 134 Now!
What You’ll Learn in this Episode:
- My favorite travel writer threads for SEO, Traffic and Google Ranking
- Everything you need to know about applying for the Travel Media Showcase
- Why you always need to do one night of networking in the bar when you attend a conference
- All the details of my media trip (FAM) to Oswego and Clayton, New York
- Where you can find a for-real castle in New York
- If there are really 1,000 islands on the St. Lawerence River
- The story about the creation of 1000 Island dressing
Best Facebook Threads for SEO, Traffic & Google Ranking!
Join the Aspiring Travel Writer Evergreen Threads on Facebook, then jump into these threads:
- GOOGLE + PINTEREST – great for SEO, Page Rank & Traffic!
- Google + and Google SEO – get your G+ posts to rank in Google search!
- GOOGLE + – Great for Google rank and traffic!
(I know G+ is slated to go away, but it is great for Google rank. It’s worth your time while it’s still here.)
Episode 096: Everything You Need to Know About the Travel Media Showcase with Joanne Vero
Episode 118: Travel Media Showcase Post Conference Review with Gary House & Kaila Yu (Gary and Kaila and I discuss our experience at the Travel Media Showcase as well as how to prepare for the conference and tips for follow up.)
Episode 133: How to Work with 8 Tourism Boards to Plan a Summer Road Trip
Travel Media Showcase
DoubleTree by Hilton Niagara Falls
Niagara Falls Tourism
Erie Canal Museum
Break Into Travel Writing, Travel Writer’s Academy
Oswego County Resources
Oswego County Tourism
Rudy’s Lakeside Restaurant
Safe Haven Museum
Best Western Plus Captain’s Quarters Hotel
H Lee White Maritime Museum
Strikezone Fishing Charter
1000 Islands Resources
- Loved this episode about the 2018 @TMShowcase in @NiagaraFallsUSAs & @Visit1000Isles Media Trip @writetotravel #iloveny http://bit.ly/2Ju0DOM [CLICK TO TWEET]
Feedback on the Podcast If you have any suggestions for upcoming shows or a question for an upcoming episode, leave a comment below. If you enjoyed this podcast, I’d be extremely grateful if you would take a second and leave me a review and rating over on iTunes. Taking a minute to do this allows me to help more people with this podcast, so I really appreciate it (once on that page, simply click on the “View in iTunes” button to leave your review — thanks very much!)
Pin for Later!