Today is part two of my interview with awarding winning blogger and travel photographer, Gary Arndt from Everything Everywhere. In today’s podcast, you’ll learn about how to handle FOMO (fear of missing out), the reality of just starting out as a blogger, and why if you have an audience the money will find you.
More About Gary Arndt:
In 2006, Gary Arndt started his website and five months later began a journey to explore the world. He has now visited all seven continents, set foot in 200 countries and territories around the world, traveled to all 50 US states and every US territory. He has explored every Canadian province, visited every state in Australia, Germany, and South Africa, to name just a few. He has also traveled to over 375 UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
Awards and honors include Time Magazine naming his blog one of the Top 25 Blogs on the Internet and the website has earned a Gold Medal in the Travel Blog category in the NATJA Awards. He has been named Travel Photographer of the year by both the SATW and NATJA.
To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below:
How to Build Authority as a Travel Writer with Gary Arndt
Click here to listen to the full episode to hear Why you must edit your photos. Listen for Garys tips!
. We also chat about everything from the difference between traffic and an audience, and Gary’s top tips for those just starting their blog or website. This is “How to Build Authority as a Travel Writer with Gary Arndt”.
Full episode >> Listen to Episode 140 Now!
- If you have an audience the money will find you
- How to handle FOMO (fear of missing out)
- The reality of just starting out as a blogger
- Why you must get at least 10 people to follow you like a cult leader
- Why strategy is more important than tactics
- Why “loving travel” isn’t enough to make you successful as a blogger
- You owe it to yourself to stand out from the crowd
- Why you must have a focus when you pitch a destination or brand
- Why Gary encourages brands and tourism not to work with bloggers who haven’t been around for least three years
- The importance of joining a professional organization
- Why NATJA is the best organization for new bloggers
- Why SATW is the most prestigious travel organization to help establish credibility
- How SATW changed his entire career
- If you don’t know how your camera works
- Why you must understand exposure (the relationship between shutter speed, aperture & ISO)
- Why you should move from automatic mode to Aperture priority mode
- Why you must edit your photos. Listen for Gary’s tips!
- When you should use a tripod
- Gary’s Instagram process
- Why you should think about SmugMug for your photo hosting
- Why shooting in raw is important
- Why a Drobo is the best way to save your photos
- Why you shouldn’t ever place people in the center of a photo (learn about the rule of off-center!)
- And lot’s of other cool photography tips!
Want to be featured on a future show? I’m looking for guests for the Podcast!
Connect with Gary Arndt
- Loved this episode about Building Authority as a New Blogger & Travel Photography Tips w/ @EverywhereTrip on the @writetotravel podcast! http://bit.ly/2SSjlmv [CLICK TO TWEET]
Hope you enjoyed this episode and are inspired to think about how you can set goals for your blog in 2019! Interested in hearing the full podcast? Click here to listen now!
Feedback on the Podcast If you have any suggestions for upcoming shows or a question for an upcoming episode, leave a comment below. If you enjoyed this podcast, I’d be extremely grateful if you would take a second and leave me a review and rating over on iTunes. Taking a minute to do this allows me to help more people with this podcast, so I really appreciate it (once on that page, simply click on the “View in iTunes” button to leave your review — thanks very much!)
Pin for Later!