This podcast episode is all about my first Tiangus Turistico Travel Mart. This episode focuses on my experience at the 44th edition of Tiangus Turistico; the most important event celebrating the Mexican hospitality sector and the largest tourism industry event of it’s kind in Latin America.
I also share how I found out about the travel conference as well as my post-conference media trip in Acapulco, Mexico.
To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below:
Tiangus Turistico: Acacapulco, Mexico
Click here to listen to the full episode to hear the top takeaways and how to apply for the Tiangus Turistico conference. This is “BITW 144: Tianguis Turistico Acapulco Trade Show & Media Trip”.
Full episode >> Listen to Episode 144 Now!
Key Points from the final Press Conference at Tiangus Turistico in Acapulco
- 4,000 in attendance
- Acapulco has the newest airport in the country
- 32 states of Mexico
- Most meetings ever schedule at a Tiangus at this event
- 1344 buyers at the conference (a 6% increase)
- Culture is the most important Mexico travel trend followed by sun & beach
- 61% of attendees where travel agents
- Most demand product for Mexico travel is beach then nature
- 43million goal tourism revenue
- Visit Mexico is the 2nd most visited tourism website after Australia
- Goal: Increase China tourists
- Adding new flight routes to/fromChinaOperation opening doors
- Buyers from 44 countries
- Mexico ranked 7th in tourism in 2018
Most interest for Mexico travel:
- Acapulco – new image
- Riviera maya
- Magical towns (6% increase)
Acapulco Media Trip
The Acapulco media trip started with a check in at the famous and fabulous las Brisas hotel. It included a gastronomic tour, waterskiing, snorkeling, kayaking, a boat trip, visiting some of the most iconic and famous hotels in Acapulco, zip lining, beach time, fine dining and so much more!
Acapulco was the first beach town that became popular in Mexico and is considered the 1st tourist location in Mexico.
Want to hear about my post-conference media trip? >> Listen to Episode 144 Now!
- Loved this episode about the top tips & takeaways from
#TiangusTuristico on the @writetotravel podcast! http://bit.ly/2Ju0DOM [CLICK TO TWEET]
Hope you enjoyed this episode and are inspired to think about how you can set goals for your blog in 2019! Interested in hearing the full podcast? Click here to listen now!
Feedback on the Podcast If you have any suggestions for upcoming shows or a question for an upcoming episode, leave a comment below. If you enjoyed this podcast, I’d be extremely grateful if you would take a second and leave me a review and rating over on iTunes. Taking a minute to do this allows me to help more people with this podcast, so I really appreciate it (once on that page, simply click on the “View in iTunes” button to leave your review — thanks very much!)
Pin for Later!