This podcast focuses on the importance of developing an accountability partner as well as the importance of connecting with others in the blogging community. Learn how an accountability partner can help you grow your blog.
My guest today is Tanya Shelburne and we discuss these two main points: 1) developing an accountability partnership and 2) creating a community within the travel blogging world.
About Tanya Shelburne: My guest is a part-time blogger and full-time Public Health Professional. Tanya’s mission with her website, travelingtanya is to inspire busy people to make travel a priority and provide tips on planning stress-free, affordable vacations.
To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below:
Click Here to Subscribe via iTunes
Click Here to Subscribe via RSS (non-iTunes feed)
If you like the show, please consider leaving the show a review in iTunes as well as Stitcher Radio. A couple of minutes of your time can help the show immensely! Thank YOU!
BITW 153: The Importance of an Accountability Partner with Tanya Shelburne
Today’s intro story focuses on a recent media trip I took to Lafayette, Louisiana for Mardi Gras. Learn how to connect with Lafayette tourism and about their annual Mardi Gras press trip in my introduction.
Listen to today’s episode to learn about the importance of developing an accountability partner as well as the importance of connecting with others in the blogging community.
Tanya was also recently a featured Travel Writer of the Week in my travel writer & blogger series and I’ll link to her feature where you can find her entire blogging journey and her top tips for travel bloggers.
The Topics and Questions Tanya and I Chat About:
- Why an accountability partner can be valuable for travel bloggers.
- If an accountability partner should be a short or long term situation.
- How to find an accountability partner even if you have no blogger connections
- The importance and/or beneficial to meet in person vs. via phone/online.
- How to structure an accountability partnership.
- How often to meet in person/online and check-in via email.
- Recommendations of what to focus on during the meetings.
- Best ways to support each other.
- How an accountability partner can help you grow your blog.
- What to do if the accountability partnership isn’t equal support or you don’t feel it’s a good fit.
- How to expand on your accountability partnership for the future.
- The importance of connecting with others in the blogging community.
Full episode >> listen to today’s episode
Connect with Tanya
Social: Twitter | Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram | YouTube
Connect with Alexa, Break Into Travel Writing & My Travel Blog
The Aspiring Travel Writer, the Facebook group
Hope you enjoyed this episode and are inspired to think about how you can set goals for your blog in 2020! Interested in hearing the full podcast? Click here to listen now!
Feedback on the Podcast If you have any suggestions for upcoming shows or a question for an upcoming episode, leave a comment below. If you enjoyed this podcast, I’d be extremely grateful if you would take a second and leave me a review and rating over on iTunes. Taking a minute to do this allows me to help more people with this podcast, so I really appreciate it (once on that page, simply click on the “View in iTunes” button to leave your review — thanks very much!)
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | RSS
Leave A Comment