How to build a successful Instagram account and strategies to monetize a travel website.
About Mike: Mike Clegg is a London-based travel blogger and photographer with a 9-5 job as a web developer. He has traveled to over 40 countries and lived in several including Canada and Austria. He spends much of his time developing his website travelanddestinations.com which was created to help and inspire travelers. He also runs two Instagram accounts which have more than 763 thousand followers.
Break Into Travel Writing: A podcast and website designed to help you build a travel blog your readers love as well as help you achieve your goals as a travel writer or blogger.
This show is brought to you by my favorite affiliate network; Travelpayouts. They are the largest affiliate marketing network focused on traveling.
Check out this podcast episode to learn how travel bloggers and writers can monetize a website by working with the Travelpayouts Affiliate Network with Tatiana Buyanova.
To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below:
Affiliate and Instagram Strategies with Mike Clegg
Show focus: Affiliate marketing for bloggers. Instagram Strategies & Tips for travel bloggers.
Listen to today’s episode where Mike and I chat about the best types of articles for affiliate income conversion, good phrases & text to use within your articles for good click-thru and how to optimize monetized pages for better traffic and sales. We also chat about how he built his Instagram following to over 750,000 and his top tips for growing a following and fans.
>> Listen to the full podcast; click here!
Details from the Affiliate and Instagram Strategies Podcast Conversation with Mike:
Instagram Strategies & Tips
- If you are trying to grow your Instagram account you should engage with other accounts as much as possible.
- Check-in every day.
- Be as active as possible.
- Follow like-minded accounts.
- Use all the features on the platform.
- Be consistent with posting.
Affiliate Network Tips for Travel Bloggers
- Mike’s most successful affiliate partners.
- Most successful affiliate strategies with links and widgets.
- Why adding campaign tracking is important to determine which articles are converting best.
- How to use the sub ID in Travelpayouts to track which articles covert.
- Why you should always use your WordPress post ID as the tracking code.
- How to use the WordPress plugin Advanced Custom Fields.
- How to automatically turn website links into affiliate links with Travelpayouts Money Script? By adding Money Script to your site any links to advertiser websites, such as Booking.com or GetYourGuide, that are available in the Travelpayouts affiliate network will become affiliate links and bring income for every purchase.
- The best types of articles for affiliate income conversion.
- How to get web conversions for entry tickets for attractions.
- Good phrases & text to use within your articles for good click-thru.
- How to optimize monetized pages for better traffic and sales.
- Why you should add Advanced Custom Fields for WordPress Plugin.
- Take the extra step and link the Advanced Custom Fields into Google Analytics.
- Why you should research and understand Tag Manager for analytics.
- What Mike feels does NOT convert or isn’t working with affiliate sales.
- It’s all about experimentation and testing.
- Are there any don’ts with affiliate marketing you’d like to share?
Unforgettable Places to See Before You Die
Beautiful Destinations on IG
Amazing Earth on IG
Advanced Custom Fields for WordPress
Sign Up for Travelpayouts
Affiliate Network 5-Day Free Course
Travel Writer’s Academy
How to Make Money from a Travel Blog using Affiliate Links
Ready to learn more? Check out this podcast episode: Learn how travel bloggers and writers can monetize a website by working with the Travelpayouts Affiliate Network with Tatiana Buyanova
Connect with Mike Clegg
Connect with Break Into Travel Writing
Did you miss the last podcast interview episode? Learn how to Use the Time Blocking Method with Nicole Rosania
Want to Earn More Money With Your Blog?
Feedback on the Podcast If you have any suggestions for upcoming shows or a question for an upcoming episode, leave a comment below. If you enjoyed this podcast, I’d be extremely grateful if you would take a second and leave me a review and rating over on iTunes. Your taking a minute to do this allows me to help more people with this podcast, so I really appreciate it (once on that page, simply click on the “View in iTunes” button to leave your review — thanks very much!)