Candy Aluli is the owner of Aluli Public Relations. Candy has specialized in promoting visitor industry clients in the Hawaiian islands for 25 years. She is also the Owner and Publisher of MauiAccommodations.com, a guide to owner-direct vacation rentals and other book-direct accommodations on Maui. She writes the All About Maui blog on MauiAccommodations.com, sharing insider travel tips with Maui visitors, and in years past authored two guidebooks: Paradise Family Guides “Maui” 11th Edition and co-authored The Unofficial Guide to Hawaii 5th Edition. She has lived on the islands of Kauai, Oahu, and now resides on Maui.
To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below:
Click Here to Subscribe via iTunes
Click Here to Subscribe via RSS (non-iTunes feed)
If you like the show, please consider leaving the show a review in iTunes as well as Stitcher Radio. A couple minutes of your time can help the show immensely! Thank YOU!
The Finer Details of Episode 99 with Candy Aluli:
In today’s episode, Candy and I discuss the do’s and don’ts when approaching a PR person and while on a press trip. Click here to listen to the full interview and hear Candy’s advice about how to request a media stay at a hotel and what is appropriate to ask for. This is “How to Work with Hawaii PR and Tourism with Candy Aluli”.
In this episode we also discuss:
- Why you need to link up with social media influencers and work with them to promote your brand.
- Why it’s all about getting someone to your website.
- How she builds her web traffic with Facebook.
- How to drive 3,000 visitors to your website with Facebook.
- How to grow your Facebook page by 1,000 new followers a month.
- Why change happens slowly in Hawaii and why it’s a good thing.
- Don’t be shy about approaching a PR person.
- Candy’s Do’s and Dont’s for a press trip.
- The best months to ask for a media trip to Hawaii.
- Why big followers aren’t always the key to land a media trip.
- How Candy qualifies journalists and bloggers for a media trip.
- What is appropriate to ask for from a hotel during a media trip.
- Proper follow-up procedure after a media visit.
- How to earn bonus points with Candy.
Full the episode >> Listen to Episode 99 Now!
Get Candy’s Do’s and Don’ts for Press Trips, DOWNLOAD THE FREE TIPS!
Maui Visitors Bureau
Napili Kai Beach Resort
Travel Writers Academy
Connect with Candy Aluli
Maui Accommodations on Facebook
Maui Accommodations on Twitter
Maui Accommodations on Instagram
Maui Accommodations on G+
Connect with Alexa, Break Into Travel Writing & My Travel Blog
The Aspiring Travel Writer, the Facebook group
- Loved the interview with Candy Aluli from @AllAboutMaui on the Break Into Travel Writing #podcast w/ @writetotravel [Click to Tweet]
Hope you enjoyed this episode and are inspired to visit Maui and Napili Kai Beach Resort. Please join me in thanking Candy for sharing such awesome information and actionable tips on today’s show! Interested in hearing the full podcast? Click here to listen now!
Feedback on the Podcast If you have any suggestions for upcoming shows or a question for an upcoming episode, leave a comment below. If you enjoyed this podcast, I’d be extremely grateful if you would take a second and leave me a review and rating over on iTunes. Taking a minute to do this allows me to help more people with this podcast, so I really appreciate it (once on that page, simply click on the “View in iTunes” button to leave your review — thanks very much!)
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | RSS
Loved this podcast! Candy Aluli was so full of amazing information! Thank you!