My guest today is Melissa Megginson of Tailwind (a Pinterest partner tool). Melissa is a social media expert and specializes in content creation, social media, blogging, PR outreach and all things marketing. This is Melissa’s second time on the Break into Travel Writing Podcast. She was originally featured on episode 087 entitled Turn Up Your Pinterest Presence using Tailwind.
Today, Melissa is going to share a few myths and realities about the state of Pinterest and some great tips for driving traffic from this platform.
Today you will learn how to become a Pinterest Master Using Tailwind.
To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below:
The Finer Details of Episode 132:
In today’s episode, Melissa Megginson and I dive deep into the world of Tailwind and Pinterest. We chat about all the changes at Pinterest and how you can continue to drive traffic to your site. You’ll learn why fresh pins are now more important than re-pins and so many other great tips! She also shares a great Instagram tip! Click here to listen to the full interview and learn the best way to use Pinterest today. Learn everything you need to know to skyrocket your blog traffic.
In this episode we also discuss:
- Why Tailwind is a great tool to use to schedule pins directly to Pinterest and increase shares with their tribes.
- Why fresh pins are more important that re-pins.
- Why Pinterest wants you to update pins before you share it again.
- Why you should no longer re-pin the same pin to other boards.
- How to use Tailwind to schedule pins for Pinterest.
- How to check your Pinterest analytics for free on Tailwind.
- Why pinning from Tailwind is exactly the same as pinning into Pinterest.
- Why Tailwind Tribes are better than Facebook Groups.
- How to use Tribes Insights to check reach and re-pins.
- The optimal number of pins each day.
- Why you should pin the same number of your own vs. other pins.
- Determining best time slots to pin with Tailwind Smart Schedule.
- Why you must use the “Pin Inspector”.
- Why you must realize Pinterest is a search engine and it’s there to search and discover.
- Why you should add hashtags to your pin descriptions.
- How to create an optimized pin.
- The truth about deleting pins. Should you do it? NO!
- Why summer is a slow time on Pinterest
- What’s happening and changing on Instagram including tagging, stories and why consistency is key.
Full the episode >> Listen to Episode 132 Now!
Aspiring Travel Writer Tailwind Tribe
Canva, Picmonkey & Adobe Spark for Pin creations
Pexels & Unsplash for royalty free photos
Tailwind Visual Marketing Podcast
Optimal Pinterst size as of Aug 2018 =
- Loved the interview with @ from @ on the Break Into Travel Writing #podcast w/ @writetotravel http://bit.ly/2bGkUkQ [Click to Tweet]
Hope you enjoyed this episode and feel like you have become a Pinterest Master Using Tailwind with the help of Melissa Megginson. Please join me in thanking her for sharing such awesome information and actionable tips! Interested in hearing the full podcast? Click here to listen now!
Feedback on the Podcast If you have any suggestions for upcoming shows or a question for an upcoming episode, leave a comment below. If you enjoyed this podcast, I’d be extremely grateful if you would take a second and leave me a review and rating over on iTunes. Your taking a minute to do this allows me to help more people with this podcast, so I really appreciate it (once on that page, simply click on the “View in iTunes” button to leave your review — thanks very much!)
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on some of the links in this post and sign up for Tailwind, I might receive a commission. There is no additional cost to you and it is a way you can help support this website and podcast!