Joanne Vero is the owner of J. Vero & Associates and has produced the Travel Media Showcase since 2000. TMS is a Travel & Tourism conference that brings together a broad spectrum of travel media experts with destinations, attractions & hotel brands. In 2012 she also launched, TMS Family Travel which produces conferences & summits that are designed to enrich family travel media & highlight family friendly destinations & brands.
To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below:
In today’s episode, Joanne and I discuss Travel Media Showcase as well as how to prepare for the conference and tips for follow up. Click here to listen to the full interview and hear Joanne’s advice about getting a full year of travel from the TMS conference. This is “Everything You Need to Know About the Travel Media Showcase with Joanne Vero”.
In this episode we also discuss:
- How to apply for Travel Media Showcase (TMS) and TMS Family.
- Joanne’s top criteria for choosing writers for Travel Media Showcase.
- Why your social media follower engagement is so important.
- How Joanne chooses the journalists for TMS.
- Why you must operate your blog as a business.
- If you always look at the details, you will stay on.
- Why being able to write a paragraph on a destination does not make you a travel writer.
- What makes you unique and be the person a destination or brand wants to work with?
- Be great at one thing and you will succeed.
- Joanne’s goal is to bring people to places you would normally only drive through.
- How to apply for the pre and post media trips (FAMs) for TMS.
- Why TMS is a conference where you get 30 one on one appointments with brands and tourism.
- Joanne’s tips to prepare for meetings at TMS.
- Why TMS can book an entire year of travel/ media trips.
- Joanne’s tips for following up after TMS.
- If you are looking to build your travel business, always follow up on your conversations.
- The #1 reason people fail at conferences.
- There is no magic pixie dust. It’s about being prepared and hard work.
- If you are willing to give before you receive, you will always receive.
- Why you need to apply to TMS Family if you are a family travel blogger or writer.
- HUB influencer network for travel writers.
- Why you shouldn’t be afraid of competition.
- Why you must remember competition is a blessing.
Full the episode >> Listen to Episode 96 Now!
Travel Media Showcase
BITW Episode 64: The Benefits and Perks of Joining IFWTWA with Linda Kissam
Instagram Course for Travel Writers
BITW 095: Instagram Tips for Travel Bloggers & Travel Writers
IFTWA (International Food, Wine &Travel Writers Assoc)
Travel Skills Chat on Twitter
- Loved the interview with Joanne Vero from on the Break Into Travel Writing #podcast w/ @writetotravel [Click to Tweet]
Hope you enjoyed this episode and are inspired to apply for Travel Media Showcase. Please join me in thanking Joanne for sharing such awesome information and actionable tips on today’s show! Interested in hearing the full podcast? Click here to listen now!
Feedback on the Podcast If you have any suggestions for upcoming shows or a question for an upcoming episode, leave a comment below. If you enjoyed this podcast, I’d be extremely grateful if you would take a second and leave me a review and rating over on iTunes. Your taking a minute to do this allows me to help more people with this podcast, so I really appreciate it (once on that page, simply click on the “View in iTunes” button to leave your review — thanks very much!)